EXHIBITOR RULES & REGULATIONS ELIGIBILITY
- Any Tillamook County resident or property owner must register for an exhibitor’s number to be eligible to enter all departments of the fair, subject to the exhibiting rules.
- Any article exhibited at the Tillamook County Fair must have been produced in Tillamook County.
- Anyone attempting to deceive the Fair Board in regard to ownership shall forfeit all claims as an exhibitor.
- The Tillamook County Fair Board reserves the right to interpret all rules and conditions and the right to accept or reject an entry for sufficient cause. All disputes in open class competition must be made in writing to the Fair Board. Awards may be withheld for failure to adhere to the rules.
- Tillamook County Fair Board will NOT be responsible for the theft or breakage of an entry.
- NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED to spend the night on the fairgrounds or the adjacent area.
HOW TO ENTER EXHIBITS
- Get started by registering [note: you may want to refer to the "ShoWorks Instructions" for a guide on how to enter exhibits on-line]. Exhibitors can get started by registering on our website or by going on-line using an internet browser at: https://tillamook.fairwire.com or 2) using the mobile app, "ShoWorks Passport" found on the app store [works on Apple and Android phones and tablets]. Each exhibitor submitting entries into the Fair will need to enter their exhibits under their name, print a receipt and bring it with them when they drop off their entries.
- Non-Perishable Exhibits [Arts, Crafts & Hobbies, Photography and Textile] will be accepted starting July 29th from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm till August 2nd from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- All entries [Art, Crafts & Hobbies, Culinary, Floral and Land Products, Photography & Textiles] Exhibits need to be brought to the Fairgrounds on Monday, August 3rd between 10 am to 8 pm and Tuesday, August 4th from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Please note the special rules at the beginning of each division in which you enter.
- The superintendents shall have charge of their departments and will be responsible to see that exhibits are entered in the right Division and Class. They shall perform other duties as determined by the Fair Board.
- Stock and articles for any competition must be entered in the name of the bonified owner. Grain, vegetables, fruit, and other products must have been raised and/or cared for by the exhibitor.
- ALL OPEN CLASS EXHIBITS MUST REMAIN INTACT UNTIL MONDAY, AUGUST 10th. Open Class Exhibits, premiums, ribbons, and Special Awards will be handed out at the Fair Customer Window inside the main Exhibit Building from Monday, August 10th thru Thursday, August 14th from 10 am to 3 pm. The Main Building will be locked, and security will be on duty until Monday morning.
- EXHIBITS AND PREMIUM MONEY NOT CLAIMED BY AUGUST 16th, WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE FAIR BOARD.
PREMIUMS, AWARDS AND JUDGING
***NOTE: Due to a reduction in our funding this year, premiums will be limited to $75.00 per Exhibitor. Special Awards are subject to change [see lists under each Department] and will be paid out if Sponsored this year.***
- Premiums will be: First place, $4.00; Second place, $3.00; and Third place, $2.00.
- The Fair Board will give a special award to the three exhibitors who win the most ribbons in the most Open Class Departments.
- No premiums will be awarded on exhibits not listed in the premium book or to items, exhibits or animals of inferior merit, although there may be no competition.
- The Fair Board reserves the right to reduce premiums in each class if the awards exceed the amount allocated.
- Any errors in the recording of premiums will be subject to correction.
- Premiums will be paid only upon receipt of judges’ sheets. Ribbons denoting award placement will be the following colors: Special Award - Burgundy; Best of Show – Rainbow; First Place – Blue; Second Place – Red; and Third Place – White.