2022 “Hay Bales & Cow Tails” Race Meet
Pari-Mutuel Horse Racing will be providing fun, excitement, and a chance to wager during the Tillamook County Fair. The 2022 Tillamook County Fair is thrilled to offer 33 races in 4 days of live horse racing action, with eight races on Wednesday (8/10), Thursday (8/11), and Friday (8/12), and nine races on Saturday (8/13). Post time will be 1:00 pm each day.
Horsemen will be vying for over $100,000 in purse money thanks to the support from:
- the Oregon Racing Commission for providing HUB funds, allowing the Tillamook County Fair the opportunity to host the Pari-Mutuel race meet
- the Oregon Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association (2 stakes races for $1,000 each)
- the Oregon Horseman’s Benevolent Protective Association ($500 per race, and an additional $1,000 stakes race)
- the Oregon Quarter Horse Racing Association ($500 per Quarter Horse race)
- local businesses and families have contributed $12,000 for additional purse money that will be distributed amongst the 4 race days.
An excellent field of horses to wager on is expected for this year’s Race Meet and Jockeys will again be competing for bonus money from the Oregon Racing Commission for participating in the Race Meet.
Special thanks to Chinook Winds Casino and Resort for sponsoring the halter and lead ropes for this year’s Race Meet, and Tillamook County Fair for sponsoring blankets to the winners.