ENTRIES CLOSE TUESDAY, AUGUST 7th, 10:00 A.M
For questions call Ellen Boggs 503-355-6338 or
Jane Gibbs 503-307-7738ENTRY RULES1. Any article exhibited at the Tillamook County Fair must have been prepared
or processed in Tillamook County.
2. No more than one entry per person will be accepted in each lot.
3. Persons making entries in Girls or Boys, ages 9 thru 16, may not enter
identical articles in adult classes.
4. Individuals who bake for profit are ineligible.
5. All canned foods must have been canned since the last Tillamook County Fair.
6. Be sure all entries are processed by recommended canning processes
available at extension office.
7. All canned products must be put in a clean, clear jar. RINGS MUST BE
LEFT ON JARS, and in good condition.
8. Each jar MUST be neatly labeled, giving the name of the product, the date
canned, time processed and processing method.
9. All jars should have a label with the owner’s name on the bottom.
10. Jams and Jellies MUST be sealed with a two-piece lid and processed
according to USDA standards. No paraffin.
11. To qualify for Ball and Kerr Special Award, you must use Ball or Kerr jars
and lids.12. The judge will open jams and jellies, pickles and relishes.
13. All dried food must have a label with type of dryer used, length of drying
time, any prep treatment of product and product name.
14. No commercial mixes allowed for baked goods.
15. In order to avoid food waste, the department will retain only a portion of
baked goods exhibits for display. Bring whole exhibit and department will cut a portion for exhibiting and return remaining exhibit to exhibitor.
16. Superintendent will be responsible that exhibits are entered in the right
Class and Lot.
17. ALL EXHIBITS MUST REMAIN INTACT UNTIL 9:00 P.M. ON AUGUST
18. Tillamook County Fair Board will NOT be responsible for the theft or
breakage of any entry.